Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Other Tools

I think this website is a great resource for web tools, but it is a little overwhelming. I saved it as a favorite so that I can go back and find it, but I feel like I have learned so many new tools and technologies, that I can't possibly try to use them all. The first tool I looked at was Create A Graph. It did exactly as the name implies. It was a very easy graphing tool, but probably a little too elementary for junior high students. I would prefer them using excel, which they have already been taught to use. The second tool I looked at was Phuser, which is similar to google docs. It is basically a place to collaborate. Again, it was cool, but I don't see how it would be more useful than google docs. And, you didn't have to sign in, which I didn't really like. I don't want people outside of my class to be able to edit what the students are working on. The third tool I looked at was Bubblus, which creates a web or brainstorm. This would be great for the students to create a concept map at the end of the chapter. Overall, there are some really neat tools on this website, and I hope I get the chance to look at them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment